Creating a great looking website for yourself or your business is a good start but unless you encourage visitors to actually do something there, you are wasting your time and money. The website must encourage people to take action. Any action, but you will determine what action they take. If you don’t the chances are that they will vanish and never visit your site again.
By building a list of people who are interested in your services or products, you are able to reach them again.
One idea is to create a sign up form on a page (preferably your home page) that allows them to enter their email address and get a free gift in exchange.
You can encourage people to do this by offering them an incentive. Here are a few examples:
- Exclusive access to early bird pricing on new books you release
- A free report in your niche subject
- Run a competition with a really great prize
- Cheat sheets to a common problem
- A free chapter of a book of yours
- A complete book that is not available anywhere else
- A case study
- Access to a free video for subscribers only
Here is an example: (P.S. Sign up now to see how the process works.)
Download this free Dynamic Content Creation book. You will get the download link via email.
In the next post I will discuss how you actually start collecting the email addresses of your visitors.